Monday, December 01, 2008

Live from WV.....

Man, I can't believe it's been over two months since I've seriously posted on this thing. Where have I been? What have I been doing?

Well, October was pretty busy for us, especially the beginning part of it. My dad and grandma came out to visit us. We had Elena's fifth birthday. Amya was baptized. I started a 6 week subbing job for a friend at the school I taught at last year (she was on maternity leave).

And then in the first week of November, our computer broke. Completely. It's been so frustrating. We were able to get part of it fixed but the hard drive was busted as well. Our warranty covers the hard drive, but not data recovery. I have an EHD that I had been backing everything up to and I wasn't too worried, until I checked it and realized that 30 gigs of videos are missing from my EHD. All the videos we took from May of 07 to Dec of 07. A Disney trip, some birthdays, and who knows what else. So we're trying to get those off the dead hard drive before we swap it out for the new one. Hopefully that won't take much longer, cause I am going through some serious withdrawals here. I hate not being able to check my email, I haven't been able to scrapbook, and I can't get on and update the old blog. SOOO annoying.

We're in West Virginia right now - we came out for Thanksgiving and we go home tomorrow. It was actually only supposed to be me and Maricela out here. I thought we didn't have the money to fly us all out here, so Keith said I could go ahead and buy a ticket and he and the other girls would just stay home. Unbeknownst to me, Keith was in cahoots with my mom and sister Kara and about 4 hours after I bought my ticket, he bought tickets for him and the rest of the girls. He couldn't get them on my exact flight, but they flew out an hour after me. He had this whole story about how they were going to go stay at his brother Ian's house while I was gone. He even made me help pack the girls for the trip to 'his brother's house'. For two weeks he was feeding me this story and begging me not to go and whining and asking how I could separate our family on a holiday and even trying to bribe me with money to stay. Basically making me feel really guilty for no reason. So I get here, my mom picks me up at the airport, we drive three hours home, and the whole time I'm on the phone with Keith and he's telling me what they've been doing since I left. Liar. And then about an hour after I got to my mom's house, the front door opens. It was midnight by then and I was thinking "Who in the heck is walking into my parent's house this late?" In walk in Keith and all the girls. Keith says the look on my face was priceless. I was just in shock. I really had absolutely no idea they were coming. Not one inkling. My uncle asked if that shows how good Keith is at deception or how gullible I am. I think it's a mixture of both. Needless to say, I was surprised and glad to see them and we've all had a really good time while out here. And we'll all be on the same flight home tomorrow, so that's good.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer till you hear from me again. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!!

1 comment:

lyn. said...

Oh... that was a good one!
I would have loved to see your face too...

Did anyone take a picture?