Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lizards and Mountains

Okay, Elaine, this update's for you. :)

My Dad and Grandma have been out visiting for the last two weeks and we've had a really good time with them. I've had a few stories to share, but haven't had a lot of time to be on the computer. Two of the funniest happened when we went with them out to Dinosaur National Park, which is outside of Vernal, Utah. While there, we were exploring and Keith found a lizard. He brought it over to show the girls. Amya and Elena both didn't want to touch it. (As you can see here)



Téa, however, was not as smart. She wanted to give it a kiss. Oh how sweet, we all thought. So I get the camera out, she leans in for the kiss, and as I snap the picture, the thing bites her on the nose!!! And it wouldn't let go - Keith had to pull it off. She was screaming, Amya was freaking out....it was a tense 5 seconds.

Here's the aftermath. We were in the middle of nowhere, so I had to use a wipie to clean it off and apply pressure to get it to stop bleeding. She cried for awhile, then went back to playing. Amya, however, was very upset with Keith and yelled at him for quite some time about letting her little sister get hurt. I was a little worried it would get infected, but it's almost completely healed now.


While all of this was happening, my Dad was off somewhere exploring the mountains. We had seen him a little ways up right before this, and thought that he was on his way back down. A little while later, we hear him shouting. We're looking all around for him, and don't know where he's at. Then Keith realizes that he's all the way at the top of the mountain.

I know it's really hard to see, but he's in that black circle. I wanted to put the full shot so you can see just how high he was. Here's one zoomed in - I can't get any closer, cause it just gets blurrier.
Keith said that he finally knows where Robert gets his craziness from (like when he climbed Bridal Veil Falls last summer). So we started yelling "Come back, Robert" and stuff like that. He was pretty proud of himself when he got back down. We were just glad he didn't get hurt. I don't know if Keith could've climbed up there to rescue him without having a heart attack. :)

Here's a pic of us that we took by putting the camera on a rock - I think it came out pretty good, if I do say so myself.
And last, but not least, a picture of Grandma and me, taken in Temple Square. She said that I took too many pictures of her (we only took about 600 while they were out here). But I'm glad that I have these pictures so that we can remember the fun things that we did with them.



No comments: