Thursday, June 12, 2008

we're back!

So we got back from Hawaii on Tuesday and it was AWESOME!! We had such a great time. We left on May 31 and got back on June 10. We stayed on the island of Oahu and let me tell you, we explored that whole island. We put 835 miles on our rental car! I think eventually I'll do a big recap, but for now I'll just give you the highlights. We hiked Diamondhead (a volcanic crater), we snorkelled, we rented scooters, we went to the Hawaii temple and the Polynesian Cultural Center, we ate out, we went to the Dole Plantation and other museums, we snorkelled some more, we saw sea turtles, we watched the sun set, we went on an ATV tour and saw where movies have been filmed, we relaxed at the beach, we shopped, we celebrated my birthday, we slept in, we went to Pearl Harbor, we went to Chinatown, and I think maybe that covers it. We had so much fun. We definitely want to go back. And I would recommend it to anyone. Such a cool place. We took over 1000 pictures while we were there. Whoa. I don't think you want me to post them all (and I don't think Blogger will let me). But here's the June desktop I made with two of the pictures from our trip.


By the way, I got the desktop here.

2 comments:

lyn. said...

Aloha! It sounds like you had a fantastic time in Hawaii. Of course, I am jealous since Hawaii is one of my favorite places...

Cute flower behind your ear in the picture!. Glad to see it's the left ear, meaning you are taken... LOL

Anonymous said...

I am hoping to see more Hawaii pictures. I think I'll put Hawaii on my list of places I want to go. Mom